Hello, I’m Ann of BrownPawsQuilting.
This is me and my pup Bucky. He’s my bud.
This is the whole (canine) furry family – Leo (BrownPaws), Bucky, and our corgi Maggie. The cats chose not to participate in the family photo.
I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico and work as an engineering manager. I’ve been quilting for about 20 years, but started my blog just under a year ago. I’ve really enjoyed meeting new people via the blog and via social media, and have learned so much in the past year – both about blogging and about quilting. This group will be my first try at a Bee, and I’m anxious to figure it all out!
- We spend a lot of time in Pagosa Springs, Colorado. This is my sewing location when I’m there (it is a small place so I only do cutting and piecing there):
- I changed jobs about 6 months ago, leaving a place I had been for 23 years. It has been quite an adjustment and I’m working hard to keep focus on my sewing!
- I also recently bought a long arm, which was something I wanted to do for a long time. Now I am working up a very steep learning curve. This quilt is my first quilt top I’ve finished on the long arm. It is a bow tie quilt top I made several years ago and figured it would be a good one to start playing with:
- I used to do a lot of work with dying fabrics and using those fabrics in my quilts. I haven’t done as much of that recently, but I do really love working with the colors. This is my wedding quilt I made several years ago. I had people sign the light purple pieces at the reception.
- I also enjoy reading (mainly audiobooks right now), music, Star Wars, and am a very large University of Wisconsin Badger fan – hence the dog named Bucky!
These are two recent things I’ve been working on…
The Sugar Block Club 3.0 blocks – blocks are all done, just need to figure out a layout…
Embroidery blocks for a Moda Bake Shop Pattern called the Bee-utiful Quilt-a-long. The embroidery has been fun. So far I’ve completed twelve of the twenty total blocks.
Thanks for adding me to the group – I look forward to getting to know you all and working on our blocks!